Friday 27 January 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Baby Come Back by Player.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1978!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1978 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Pete Laforest: Canadian-American baseball player and manager.
- Jake Pavelka: American reality TV star (The Bachelor).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Randy Newman - Short People
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away
- Queen - We Are The Champions
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Styx - Come Sail Away
- Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
- Andy Gibb - (Love Is) Thicker Than Water
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?