Monday 27 July 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Jenkins of Putney and Eva Magni.
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1908 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Lord Jenkins of Putney: British MP of Arts (Labour).
- Eva Magni: Italian actress, who died in Milan on 11 February 2005.
- Rudi Schneider: Austrian medium known with his older brother, Willy, for trance phenomena involving materialization and telekinesis.
- Paolo Treves: Italy Writer.
- Jean Arnous: Tr?laz? physician.
- Joseph Mitchell: American writer, dies at age 87 (born 1908).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 July 1908
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rigoletto - La Donna E' Mobile (Woman is Fickle) - Enrico Caruso
- Kiss Duet - Henry Burr
- Honey, Won't You Please Come Down? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Summertime Medley - Prince's Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?