Wednesday 27 July 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Shame, directed by Emmett J. Flynn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1921 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Émile Genest: Canadian-American actor (d. 2003).
- Garry Davis: American social campaigner, an international peace activist who created the World Passport, a travel document originally based on Article 13(2), Universal Declaration of Human Rights and on the concept of world citizenship.
- Emile Genest: Quebec actor (d. 2003).
- 2nd government of Ruijs de Beerenbrouck forms
- Frederick Banting and Charles Best isolates insulin at University of Toronto
- Researchers at the University of Toronto led by biochemist Frederick Banting announce the discovery of the hormone insulin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Man (Mon Homme) - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Found a Rose in the Devil's Garden - Sterling Trio
- Cherie - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?