Saturday 27 July 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1929 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Jack Higgins [Harry Patterson]: Novelist.
- Harvey Fuqua: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Moonglows and New Birth) (d. 2010).
- Jack Higgins: English author and academic.
- Marc Wilkinson: French-Australian composer and conductor.
- Jean Baudrillard: French sociologist, philosopher, cultural theorist, political commentator, and photographer.
- John Rangos: American executive and CEO in charge of Chambers Development, a giant in the waste and security services industry. Rangos, a vigorous manager with an old-style hands-on leadership, he attended Houston Business college and keeps his body in excellent condition by swimming, golfing, playing tennis and lifting weights.
- Dike of Wieringermeerpolder finished
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?