Saturday 27 July 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Higgins [Harry Patterson] and Jean Baudrillard.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1929 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Jack Higgins [Harry Patterson]: Novelist.
- Jean Baudrillard: French sociologist, philosopher, cultural theorist, political commentator, and photographer.
- John Rangos: American executive and CEO in charge of Chambers Development, a giant in the waste and security services industry.
- Harvey Fuqua: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Moonglows and New Birth) (d. 2010).
- Jack Higgins: English author and academic.
- Marc Wilkinson: French-Australian composer and conductor
- Dike of Wieringermeerpolder finished
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?