Tuesday 27 July 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Galloway in Brooksville and Robert Gibb.
San Quentin, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1937!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1937 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Don Galloway in Brooksville: Kentucky, USA; actor (Arrest and Trial, Ironside).
- Robert Gibb: Zoo / theme park creator.
- Chuck Jackson in Latta: South Carolina, USA; singer ("Any Day Now").
- Tony Bonin: German pro astrologer, author and data collector who specializes in medical and mundane, planet nodes and Neptune research.
- Marc Cardinal: Zairean dancer.
- Robert Holmes à Court: Australian entrepreneur, born in South Africa and educated at the U. of WA, where he earned his law degree. He began his legal practice in December 1967. With a background of family wealth, he made his own move into the world of finance in 1970 by gaining control of Western Worsted and Woolen Mills Ltd. At the height of his success, Holmes a Court owned 44.5% of his Bell Group Ltd, which had an estimated value of $650 million. During the '80s, he bought substantial parcels of shares in various c
- Anna Dawson: British comedienne (Violet-Keeping Up Appearances)
- Don Galloway: American actor (d. 2009)
- Robert Court: South African-Australian businessman and lawyer (d. 1990)
- 32nd Davis Cup: USA beats Great Britain in Wimbledon (4-1)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?