Thursday 27 July 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1944 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Tony Capstick: English actor and singer (d. 2003).
- Bobbie Gentry: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Jean-Marie Leblanc: French cyclist and journalist.
- Barbara Thomson: English saxophonist and composer (Colosseum and New Jazz Orchestra).
- Joseph Collins: American marketing specialist and CEO of American TV & Communications, a large cable company owned by Time Warner.
- Aleksandr Ivanovich Dedkov: Cosmonaut
- Victor Jean Leonard Vreuls: Composer, dies at 68.
- 1st British jet fighter used in combat (Gloster Meteor)
- Soviet Army frees Majdanek concentration camp
- US troops occupy le Mesnil-Herman / Hill 183 Normandy
- US regains possession of Guam from Japanese.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?