Monday 27 July 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The War of the Worlds, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1953 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Wim G J M van de Camp: Dutch 2nd Chamber member (CDA).
- Chung Dong-young: South Korean journalist and politician 31st South Korean Minister of Unification.
- Yahoo Serious: Australian actor director producer and screenwriter.
- 1st insulin isolated by F Banting and C Best in Toronto
- Dizzy Dean, Al Simmons Chief Bender, Bobby Wallace, Harry Wright, Ed Barrow, and Bill Klem and Tom Connolly are inducted into Hall of Fame
- North Korea and UN sign armistice
- Vatican disallows priest holiday work in factory
- Armistice signed ending Korean War. During the fighting, 54,000 American soldiers were killed.
- The Korean War ends when the United States, the People's Republic of China, and North Korea sign an armistice agreement. Syngman Rhee, President of South Korea, refuses to sign but pledges to observe the armistice.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?