Monday 27 July 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.
In UK Dream Lover by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Tingler, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1959 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Hélène Castel: French psychotherapist and writer, who has lived for nearly 20 years in Mexico, where she took refuge after a robbery in 1980.
- Joe DeSa: American baseball player (Born 1959).
- Hugh Green: American football player.
- Yiannos Papantoniou: French-Greek economist and politician Greek Minister of National Defence.
- Siobhan Redmond: Scottish actress and comedienne, star of a Scottish TV sitcom "The High Life" in the role of Shona Spurtle.
- Abbas Ali Baig scores 112 for India vs. England on debut
- William Shea announces he plans to have a baseball team in NYC in 1961
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Fabian - Tiger
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Duane Eddy - Forty Miles Of Bad Road
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?