Wednesday 27 July 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Tilson .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Wild Thing by The Troggs.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
This Property Is Condemned, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Informer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1966 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 July 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Ray Conniff - Somewhere, My Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?