Thursday 27 July 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alph Browning and Bryce Bevill.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Early Summer, directed by Yasujir Ozu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tegtmeiers Reisen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1972 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Alph Browning: NLF / WLAF receiver (Redskins, Barcelona Dragons).
- Bryce Bevill: CFL defensive back (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Clint Robinson: Brisbane, Queensland -- K-1 1k canoeist (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor: Malaysian astronaut, the first Malaysian in space.
- Maya Rudolph: American actress and comedian.
- Ronato Alcano: Filipino pool player
- Jill Arrington: American sports reporter
- Takako Fuji: Japanese actress and dancer
- Muszaphar Shukor: Malaysian surgeon and astronaut
- NHL star Maurice "Rocket" Richard signs with WHL Quebec Nordiques.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 July 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?