Thursday 27 July 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
John Tucker Must Die, directed by Betty Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Angels Fall by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Company of Heroes or Artwork of the game released only in North America..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 27 July 2006 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 July
- Maryann Mahaffey: American politician (Born 1925).
- The Federal Republic of Germany is deemed guilty in the loss of Bashkirian 2937 and DHL Flight 611, because it is illegal to outsource flight surveillance.
- Somalia's interim government unravels as at least 20 government members resign, most being parliament members, accusing the country's virtually powerless government of failing to bring peace. (Houston Chronicle)
- The three main militia groups in the troubled DR Congo eastern province of Ituri have agreed to lay down arms and begin integrating into the Congolese army. (BBC).
- More than 80 people dead and missing in China as a result of Typhoon Kaemi. (Mail and Guardian)
- In Rome, the President of the Venice Biennale Davide Croff and the Director of the 63rd Venice Film Festival Marco Müller have presented the line-up of the festival, which runs August 30 - September 9. (La Biennale di Venezia)
- 2006 Kodori crisis: the rebel renegade Emzar Kvitsiani escapes as one civilian gets killed in the fighting. (civil.ge)
- The team for 2006 Tour de France winner Floyd Landis announces that he failed a drug test during the race, with high levels of testosterone. (Reuters)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Al-Qaeda's deputy leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri, openly supports Hezbollah attacks on Israel, Calling for Jihad until Islam reigns from ampquotSpain to Iraqampquot. (Associated Press)
- The Israeli military has been taken by surprise by the ferocity of Hezbollah's resistance and may rethink its strategy. (The Guardian, London)
- The Israeli Cabinet decides not to expand the Lebanese offensive. (Associated Press)
- Lebanese Health Minister Mohammad Khalifeh claims that up to 600 civilians may have been killed in the Israeli bombardment. (The Australian)
- Already-convicted murder Robert Charles Browne pleads guilty to another killing, and leads authorities to suspect he might be America's most prolific serial killer (Boston Herald)
- 2006 Ukraine parliament crisis. Ukraine's president, Yushchenko, holds crisis talks over political stalemate. (Fox News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?