Monday 27 July 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Julie & Julia, directed by Nora Ephron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Glenn Beck's Common Sense by Glenn Beck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 27 July 2009 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 July
- The US Mint releases the 2009 American Samoa quarter dollar to circulation.
- President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo delivers her last State of the Nation Address and denies plans to extend her term which end in June 2010 as plans to convene a constituent assembly to amend the constitution erupts. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- A line of wildfires in the Mediterranean region, which has killed eight people, spreads to Croatia. (''The Times'')
- At least 150 people are killed as clashes continue between radical Islamists in northern Nigeria after two days of unrest. (Africasia)
- Canada challenges the seal ban of the European Union at the World Trade Organization. (Reuters)
- The United States and China begin the first U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue. (Reuters)
- Former Liberian leader Charles Taylor denies cannibalism at his war trial in The Hague. (''The Times'')
- A rural community in the Eastern Cape in South Africa lays claim to the entire town of Mthatha in one of the biggest land restitution cases since the end of apartheid. (Sky News)
- Patriarch Kirill of the Russian Orthodox Church begins a visit to Ukraine. (BBC)
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy leaves hospital after tests due to his fainting fits. (''The Times'')
- German health minister Ulla Schmidt is criticised when her official car is stolen during the burglarization of her driver's hotel room in Alicante, Spain. (Deutsche Welle)
- A Saudi man facing flogging or imprisonment for speaking of his illegal sexual conquests on television apologises for his actions. (BBC)
- A break-in at Christ Church Cathedral in Waterford, Ireland, damages the building and the Thomas Elliott organ, dating from 1817. (''Sunday Tribune'')
- Researchers outline bokodes, a proposed replacement for the black and white stripes of the traditional barcode. (BBC)
- A British-led military offensive, Operation Panther's Claw, succeeds in clearing the Taliban from parts of southern Helmand Province in Afghanistan. (CNN)
- Albanian Prime Minister Sali Berisha's alliance wins enough seats to form a government, though it fell one seat short of a majority. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
- Keri Hilson - Knock You Down
- Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
- The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- Lady GaGa - LoveGame
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Birthday Sex - Jeremih
- Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?