Tuesday 27 July 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The Expendables, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vacuum with Gal Gabai.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ancient Trader or Marvel Pinball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 27 July 2010 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 July
- The Afghan War Diary claim that Pakistan's Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) orchestrated the suicide attack on the Indian embassy in Kabul in 2008, which left 40 dead. (samaylive).
- Experts verify that photographic negatives bought at a garage sale are early works of the American photographer Ansel Adams. (CNN)
- BP announces that Tony Hayward is to step down as CEO following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill and will be replaced by Bob Dudley on October 1st. (Bloomberg)
- South China floods
- Flooding at the Three Gorges Dam is set to peak within the next 24 hours. (Xinhua)
- A landslide in China's Sichuan Province caused by heavy rains results in 21 people being missing. (AP via Google News)
- A bridge collapse in Luanchuan County in Henan Province of China results in at least 37 deaths. (Reuters via Straits Times)
- BP sets aside $32.2bn to clean up the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. (BBC)
- An oil spill in Dalian, China, is contained from reaching international waters. (''China Daily'')
- Two police officers in Egypt go on trial for brutality over the death of a man in custody in Alexandria. (Reuters Africa)
- Following a court order, Israeli police demolished the Bedouin village of Al-Araqeeb north of Beer Sheva, evicting 200 residents. (CNN)
- A Dutch court rules that sailor Laura Dekker can attempt to become the youngest person to circumnavigate the world solo. (BBC)
- David Cameron, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, describes the Gaza Strip as a ampquotprison cquot during a visit to Turkey. Israel's ambassador to the UK, Ron Prosor, describes the people of the Gaza strip as ampquotprisoners of the terrorist organization Hamasampquot. (CNN)
- The United States Congress provides funding for a troop increase for the War in Afghanistan. (Reuters)
- The wreck of the 19th century Royal Navy ship HMS Investigator is found in Mercy Bay in northern Canada. (''National Post'')
- The Argentine Football Association decides not to renew Diego Maradona's contract as coach of the Argentina national football team. (The Telegraph)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?