Wednesday 27 July 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Cowboys & Aliens, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 27 July 2011 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 July
- 2011 Norway attacks
- Norwegian police start releasing the names of the victims of the 2011 Norway attacks. (AP via News Limited)
- The Prime Minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg promises to set up a security review. (Reuters via France 24)
- Ghulam Haidar Hameedi, mayor of Kandahar, is killed in a suicide bombing. (AFP via ''Gulf News'')
- NATO intervenes in the border clashes between Kosovo and Serbia. (BBC News)
- The Australian dollar reaches a post-float record against the United States dollar based on higher than expected consumer price index figures and concerns over a US default. (AAP via Yahoo Finance)
- Seventeen people are killed in landslides in South Korea caused by heavy rain including eight in the town of Chuncheon. (AP)
- The United Nations World Food Programme prepares an airlift to Mogadishu in Somalia to help relieve the 2011 Horn of Africa famine. (AFP via France24)
- At least seventeen people are dead and 25 missing after Severe Tropical Storm Nock-ten (Juaning) hits the Philippines. (Xinhua)
- A tropical storm watch is issued for Tropical Storm Don in the US state of Texas between Port Mansfield north to San Luis Pass. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- The Government of the United Kingdom expels Libyan diplomats loyal to Muammar Gaddafi from the United Kingdom and recognises the National Transitional Council. (''The Globe and Mail'')
- The Israeli army arrests two men involved in running the Freedom Theatre founded in Jenin by murdered Israeli actor Juliano Mer-Khamis. (Ynet)
- An unruly crowd riots on Hollywood Boulevard outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California after being refused admission to a documentary on the Electric Daisy Carnival. (NBC Los Angeles)
- Two men are convicted in St John's, Antigua of the 2008 murders of British honeymoon couple Ben and Catherine Mullany . (''The Telegraph'')
- News International phone hacking scandal
- Former ''Daily Mirror'' editor Piers Morgan says comments he made in 2009 on BBC Radio 4's ''Desert Island Discs'' do not suggest he printed stories obtained through illegal reporting. In the programme, he had spoken of ampquotrunning the resultsampquot of work by third parties who did ampquotrake through bins... tap people's phonesampquot. (BBC)
- Republicans in the United States House of Representatives announce they will delay a vote on extending the debt ceiling until Thursday due to concerns over level of proposed savings not being sufficient. (''Washington Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?