Friday 27 July 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, directed by David Bowers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 27 July 2012 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 July
- August 12 ampndash The 2012 Summer Olympics are held in London, United Kingdom.
- Syrian Civil War:
- The Syrian Armed Forces renew a bombardment of the city of Aleppo. (Reuters)
- Sixteen civilians, including five children and four women, are killed in bombing attacks of the Syrian army in Yalda village, south of Damascus. (Albawaba)
- The former head of the United Nations Supervision Mission in Syria says the fall of Assad is only a ampquotmatter of timeampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Saudi security forces arrest a number of protesters in Qatif. (BBC)
- Landslides and flooding caused by Typhoon Vicente kill seven people in northern Vietnam. (AAP via ''Herald-Sun'')
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urges countries to bridge differences ahead of a deadline for a draft of a new global agreement to control international arms sales. Despite this, no agreement is reached. (''Miami Herald'')
- Lawyers for imprisoned disabled Chinese rights activist Ni Yulan challenge her convictions for fraud and ampquotpicking quarrelsampquot in court. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Suspended Romanian President Traian Băsescu urges his supporters to boycott this Sunday's referendum on his dismissal. (Reuters)
- Mali's interim President Diouncounda Traore returns to the country after a two-month absence. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI appoints bishop Salvatore J. Cordileone ninth Metropolitan Archbishop of San Francisco (Archdiocese of San Fransisco)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?