Thursday 27 June 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Afflis and Bill Camfield.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1929 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- William Afflis: American wrestler (d. 1991).
- Bill Camfield: A popular television personality in Fort Worth, Texas, in the 1950s and 1960s, Camfield is best known as Icky Twerp, host of the kids’ show Slam Bang Theatre, and Gorgon, host of the horror film series Nightmare.
- Dick the Bruiser : American football player and wrestler (d. 1991).
- Peter Maas: American journalist and author (d. 2001).
- 1st color TV demo (NYC)
- President Von Hindenburg refuses to pay German debt of WWI
- First color TV demonstration (New York City).
- The first public demonstration of color TV is held, by H. E. Ives and his colleagues at Bell Telephone Laboratories in New York. The first images are a bouquet of roses and an American flag. A mechanical system is used to transmit 50-line color television images between New York and Washington.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?