Wednesday 27 June 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1951 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Julia Duffy: American actress.
- Mary McAleese: Irish academic and politician 8th President of Ireland.
- Mary McAleese President of Ireland 1997: present.
- Ulf Andersson: in Sweden; International Chess Grandmaster (1972).
- Sidney M Gutierrez in Albuquerque: New Mexico, USA; Major US Air Force/astronaut (STS 40).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?