Monday 27 June 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank H G de Grave and Isabelle Adjani.
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Little Foys, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Those Whiting Girls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1955 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Frank H G de Grave: Dutch MP (VVD).
- Isabelle Adjani: French actress and international film star; first accepted by Comedie-Francaise at 15 due to her extraordinary talent.
- Julius LaRosa Show, debuts on CBS-TV
- 1st automobile seat belt legislation enacted (Illinois)
- First automobile seat belt legislation enacted (Illinois).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?