Wednesday 27 June 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Odintz and Scott Cunningham.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Kaiser Aluminum Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1956 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Jeff Odintz: Horse trainer.
- Scott Cunningham: American Wicca and occult author (d. 1993).
- Brad Childress: American football coach.
- Larry Christiansen: American chess Grandmaster who was the U.S.
- Heiner Dopp: German field hockey player and politician.
- Ted Haggard: American pastor founded the Association of Life-Giving Churches
- Indians trailing Orioles 9-1 come back to win 12-11 in 11 innings
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 June 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?