Thursday 27 June 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Peterson and Johnny Benson.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Escape, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1963 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Stephen Peterson: Detroit, Michigan -- Conn, rower (1996 Olympics).
- Johnny Benson: American race car driver on the NASCAR Winston cup circuit.
- Marie Sara: French bullfighter fascinated by the sport from the time she was 16; she became a rojeneador, or torero on horseback.
- Wendy Alexander: Scottish politician Minister for Enterprise and Lifelong Learning.
- Paul Roos: Australian footballer and coach.
- Bill J Kramer and Dakotas record Lennon and McCartney I Call Your Name
- President Kennedy spent 1st full day in Ireland
- USAF Major Robert A Rushworth in X-15 reaches 86,900 m
- US Air Force Major Robert A Rushworth in X-15 reaches 86,900 metres altitude.
- US President John Kennedy spends first full day in Ireland.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 June 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?