Thursday 27 June 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Escape, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1963 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Johnny Benson: American race car driver on the NASCAR Winston cup circuit.
- Wendy Alexander: Scottish politician Minister for Enterprise and Lifelong Learning.
- Paul Roos: Australian footballer and coach.
- Stephen Peterson: Detroit, Michigan -- Conn, rower (1996 Olympics).
- Marie Sara: French bullfighter fascinated by the sport from the time she was 16; she became a rojeneador, or torero on horseback.
- Bill J Kramer and Dakotas record Lennon and McCartney I Call Your Name
- President Kennedy spent 1st full day in Ireland
- USAF Major Robert A Rushworth in X-15 reaches 86,900 m
- US Air Force Major Robert A Rushworth in X-15 reaches 86,900 metres altitude.
- US President John Kennedy spends first full day in Ireland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?