Monday 27 June 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mercedes Paz and Rob Harbison.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Sword of Doom, directed by Kihachi Okamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1966 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Mercedes Paz: Tucum, Argentina -- Tennis star (1990 Strasbourg).
- Rob Harbison: Fallston, Maryland -- 3x40 rifle (1996 Olympics - 6th Place).
- J J Abrams: American television writer and producer.
- Jeff Conine: Tacoma, Washington -- Outfielder (Florida Marlins).
- Hilarie Cranmer: American physician and humanitarian who volunteered her services at Aceh in Sumatra after a powerful earthquake and devastating tsunami of January 2005.
- JJ Abrams: Director
- J Abrams: American director producer and screenwriter
- Jörg Bergen: German footballer and manager
- Aigars Kalvītis: Latvian politician businessman and former Prime Minister of Latvia
- Arthur D Waley [Schloss]: British sinology / Poet (Monkey).
- 1st sci-fi soap opera, Dark Shadows, premieres on ABC-TV
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?