Tuesday 27 June 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Song Sung Blue by Neil Diamond.
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Duck, You Sucker, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1972 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- America - I Need You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?