Saturday 27 June 1987
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston.
In UK I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Spaceballs, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Misery by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1987!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1987 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:27 June
- Billy Snedden: Australian lawyer and politician 17th Attorney-General for Australia (d. 1987).
- Supreme Court Justice Powell retires
- US Supreme Court Justice Powell retires.
- A commercial HS 748 (Philippine Airlines Flight 206) crashes near Baguio City, Philippines, killing 50.
- Iraqi warplanes dropped mustard gas bombs on the Iranian town of Sardasht in two separate bombing rounds, on four residential areas. This was the first time a civilian town was targeted by chemical weapons.
- An accidental explosion at Hohenfels Training Area in West Germany kills 3 U.S. troopers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?