Tuesday 27 June 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil Wears Prada, directed by David Frankel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 27 June 2006 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 June
- Angel Maturino Resendiz: Mexican serial killer, known as ''The Railway Killer'' (Born 1959).
- Chadian rebels attack the neighboring Central African Republic. They have reportedly formed an alliance with CAR rebels. Large areas of both countries have descended into violence. (BBC)
- Armenian President Robert Kocharyan and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev agree to allow the residents of Nagorno-Karabakh to decide the region's future status through a popular vote. (Radio Free Europe-Armenian Liberty)
- The most recent attempt in the United States to adopt a flag desecration amendment fails in the Senate by one vote. (CNN)
- Popular musician Axl Rose from the band Guns N' Roses is arrested in Stockholm, Sweden, for alleged violent conduct including biting a security guard on the leg. (BBC)
- Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei says Iran does ampquotnot needampquot to talk with the United States over its nuclear program. (CBS News)
- The Hamas-led Palestinian government has reportedly agreed to implicitly recognise Israel, paving the way to reopening peace talks with it. Other Hamas officials later deny these reports. (BBC).
- A Palestinian militant group kidnaps and an hour later kills a 19-year-old Israeli tertiary student, Eliyahu Asheri. The same group later threatens it will kill the student if the Israeli offensive continues. (Haaretz)
- The Iraqi Special Tribunal announces that Saddam Hussein and six co-defendants will face trial on August 21 in relation to the 1980s Anfal campaign in which 100,000 Kurds are estimated to have died. (China Post)
- A vote in the Legislative Yuan to recall Taiwanese President Chen Shui-bian, who is implicated in numerous corruption scandals, fails to gain the necessary two-thirds majority. (AP)
- Nguyen Minh Triet becomes President of Vietnam with Nguyễn Tấn Dũng expected to become the new Prime Minister of Vietnam. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?