Wednesday 27 June 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Sunshine, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 27 June 2007 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 June
- The Brazilian Military Police invades the favelas of Complexo do Alemao in an episode which is remembered as the Complexo do Alemao massacre.
- Protesters take to the streets in Iran as the government introduces petrol rationing and raises prices. (CNN)
- Dr. Ashraf Marwan, who had been accused of being a senior Mossad agent operating in Egypt prior to the Yom Kippur War, is found dead below the balcony of his home in London Scotland Yard investigates the ampquotunexplainedampquot death. (Guardian)
- At least ten people drown and thousands move to higher ground as a cyclone hits Balochistan, Pakistan. (CNN)
- ''Prime Minister Gordon Brown, United Kingdom:''
- Tony Blair takes the Chiltern Hundreds to stand down as MP for Sedgefield and accepts a role as the main Middle East envoy for the Quartet on the Middle East. His appointment is announced at the United Nations headquarters. Zalmay Khalilzad, United States Ambassador to the United Nations, welcomes the appointment of Blair as envoy.
- Journalists learn that Patricia Hewitt and Margaret Beckett will not be reappointed Health Secretary and Foreign Secretary, respectively, when Brown assembles his government.
- The wreckage of PMTair Flight U4 241 is discovered in Kampot Province, Cambodia all 22 people on board are killed in the crash. (BBC)
- The Government of Kyrgyzstan abolishes capital punishment. (Nasdaq)
- Jamaican-born Floridian Barrington Irving becomes the youngest personmdashand the first black personmdashto fly solo around the world. (Miami Herald)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?