Sunday 27 June 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 27 June 2010 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 June
- The first President of an independent Lithuania, Algirdas Brazauskas, dies in Vilnius. (Tehran Times)
- Guinea holds the first democratic election in the nation's history. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A constitutional referendum in Kyrgyzstan is criticized for fears the country would destabilize. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A road accident in Bolivia kills at least 25, injures 44, between Cochabama and Potosí. (China Daily)
- At least 11 people die while watching a 2010 FIFA World Cup match in Matam, Senegal. (BBC)
- Italy awaits the outcome of a trial which could imprison Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi's senior adviser, Marcello Dell'Utri, for 11 years. (''The Independent'')
- A coal mine explosion kills 5 in China's Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. (China Dialy)
- Two Canadian medics are killed in Afghanistan, 20 kilometres west of Kandahar City in Panjwaii District. (Vancouver Sun)
- Fighter jets pounded Taliban hideouts in the upper Orakzai Agency of Pakistan on Saturday, killing 14 Taliban, and injuring eight others. (Dialy Times PK)
- Six NATO-led service members are killed Saturday in bombing attacks in Afghanistan, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said. (CNN)
- In Holland an helicopter carrying 5 people crashed and 4 people are dead. French language article
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?