Wednesday 27 June 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
A Swedish Love Story, directed by Roy Andersson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jaffa Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angry Birds Trilogy or Mario Tennis Open.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 27 June 2012 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 June
- Syrian uprising:
- President Bashar al-Assad declares that a state of war exists in Syria as fighting spills into Damascus. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- In the past seven days, 916 Syrians have been killed, making it the deadliest week since the uprising began, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. (AFP)
- Gunmen storm a pro-government television station, killing seven people. (BBC)
- The Free Syrian Army’s commander, Riad al-Asaad, says that the Hezbollah is actively participating in the Syrian civil war on the side of the regime. (''The Daily Star'')
- Police in Bolivia end their violent rebellion after a pay deal is reached (CNBC)
- Roadside bombs and an ambush by the Taliban in their stronghold of Musa Qala, Afghanistan, kill 10 police officers. (RFERL)
- The MNLA and al Qaeda-linked Islamists clash in a gunbattle in Gao, Mali, that kills at least 20, witnesses say. (Reuters Africa)
- A United States drone attack kills five in Pakistan. (Al Jazeera)
- The Glastonbury Festival and promoters Festival Republic ampquotgo their separate waysampquot after working together since 2001. (BBC)
- Barclays Bank plc is fined £290m after trying to manipulate interbank interest rates. Chief Executive Bob Diamond also forgoes his bonus. (Xinhua)
- Bank of China becomes the first Chinese bank to open a branch in Taiwan. (NHK World)
- At least 50 people are killed in rain-triggered landslides in the Bangladesh districts of Cox's Bazaar and Chittagong. (Al Jazeera)
- Thirty-two thousand people in the US city of Colorado Springs flee from the Waldo Canyon Fire that has destroyed hundreds of homes. (MSNBC)
- An 11-year-old girl, Ashton Jojo, vacationing with her family at a miniature golf course at Orange Lake Resort, in Orange County, Florida, is accidentally electrocuted after she falls into a 2-foot deep pond at the course while looking for her lost golf ball. (MSNBC)
- The Somali president urges everyone to donate funds to Somalia to help combat pirates. (Reuters)
- Former Pennsylvania State Representative Stephen Stetler is convicted of all six counts in his corruption case. (NBC)
- Uruguay aims to become the world's first country to oversee and administer the nation's cannabis market. (MSNBC)
- Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and former IRA commander and Sinn Féin deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland Martin McGuinness shake hands at a historic meeting in Belfast. (RTÉ)
- The UK Government unveils its plans to reform the House of Lords to make it a mostly elected chamber. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?