Tuesday 27 March 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry West and Cyrus R.
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1917 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Harry West: Unionist party leader (Unionist).
- Cyrus R: Vance US Secretary of State (1977-80).
- Carlo Cassola: Italian writer of history and philosophy, a novelist and teacher.
- Leif Holbæk-Hanssen: Norwegian professor of economics and anthroposophist.
- Joko Beck: American monk and educator (d. 2011).
- Reva Gerstein: Canadian psychologist and academic
- Cyrus Vance: American lawyer and politician 57th United States Secretary of State (d. 2002)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's Egypt in Your Dreamy Eyes - George Wilson
- Poor Butterfly - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?