Tuesday 27 March 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1917 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Carlo Cassola: Italian writer of history and philosophy, a novelist and teacher.
- Joko Beck: American monk and educator (d. 2011).
- Reva Gerstein: Canadian psychologist and academic.
- Cyrus Vance: American lawyer and politician 57th United States Secretary of State (d. 2002).
- Harry West: Unionist party leader (Unionist).
- Cyrus R: Vance US Secretary of State (1977-80).
- Leif Holbæk-Hanssen: Norwegian professor of economics and anthroposophist. He was appointed Professor in market economy in 1960. He was the first professor of his kind in Norway. In 1967 he was decorated with the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav for his pioneer work.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Prince's Orchestra
- There's Egypt in Your Dreamy Eyes - George Wilson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 March 1917 and get them!