Tuesday 27 March 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Safety Last!, directed by Fred Neymeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1923 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Shusaku Endo: Writer.
- Endo Shusaku: Japanese author (d. 1996).
- Victor Hochhauser: British impresario (Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra).
- Roddy McMillan: Scottish actor and playwright, possibly most famous for his comedy role as Para Handy for BBC Scotland's television series, "The Vital Spark.
- Shūsaku Endō: Japanese author (d. 1996).
- Lorenzo Semple: Jr. American screenwriter and producer (d. 2014)
- Louis Simpson: Jamaican-American poet translator and academic (d. 2012)
- Gennadi Yudin: Russian actor (d. 1989)
- Eliot Frankel: American television producer (d. 1990)
- Sir James Dewar: Scottish chemist (Born 1842).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When Hearts are Young - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- He Loves It - Eddie Cantor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?