Sunday 27 March 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Fanshawe of Richmond and Mstislav Leopold Rostropovich in Baku.
Mr. Wu, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1927 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lord Fanshawe of Richmond: MP.
- Mstislav Leopold Rostropovich in Baku: USSR; cellist/conductor/teacher (Moscow Conservatory).
- François Furet: French educator.
- Jacques Siclier: French film critic and film historian, writing for Les Cahiers du Cinema, Le Monde and Télérama.
- Ibrahim Abi-Ackel: Brazilian politician Minister of Justice for Brazil.
- Jean Beetz: Canadian lawyer and judge (d. 1991)
- Ernest Eastman: Liberian politician Minister of Foreign Affairs for Liberia (d. 2011)
- Coşkun Kırca: Turkish journalist and politician Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2005)
- Anthony Lewis: American journalist and academic (d. 2013)
- Mo Ostin: American record producer co-founded Warner Bros. Records and Reprise Records
- Cornelius Pasichny: Canadian bishop (d. 2014)
- Mstislav Rostropovich: Russian cellist and conductor (d. 2007)
- Jacek Sempoliński: Polish painter and critic (d. 2012)
- Ralph Sorenson: Canadian politician
- Joe Start: American baseball player and manager (d. 1927).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?