Monday 27 March 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Mind Reader, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1933 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Gino Pivatelli: Italy sport Champion.
- Michel Guérard: French chef, author, one of the founders of nouvelle cuisine, and the inventor of cuisine minceur.
- DRG Andrews: CEO (Land Rover-Leyland).
- Frank Taylor: Chief Constable (Durham).
- J Geoffrey: Parker; high master (Manchester Grammar School).
- Guido Bodrato: Italian politician
- Robert Castel: French sociologist and academic (d. 2013)
- Vince Gibson: American football player and coach (d. 2012)
- Hazel Henderson: English economist and author
- Don Lassetter: American baseball player
- Lê Hưng: Vietnamese general (d. 1975)
- Polythene discovered by Reginald Gibson and Eric William Fawcett.
- Farm Credit Administration (US) authorized.
- Japan leaves League of Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 March 1933 and get them!