Tuesday 27 March 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Hancock and René-Charles Rey.
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1934 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- David Hancock: secretary (British Department of Education and Science).
- René-Charles Rey: French writer, an author of detective novels, science fiction and horror.
- Guy Lucia: France sport Champion.
- István Csurka: Hungarian journalist author and politician (d. 2012).
- Arthur Mitchell: choreographer (Dance Theater of Harlem).
- Ioannis Paleokrassas: Greek politician 17th Greek Minister of Finance
- Peter Schamoni: German director producer and screenwriter (d. 2011)
- Francis William Reitz: 5th State President of the Orange Free State (Born 1844).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 March 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?