Tuesday 27 March 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1934 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Guy Lucia: France sport Champion.
- David Hancock: secretary (British Department of Education and Science).
- René-Charles Rey: French writer, an author of detective novels, science fiction and horror.
- István Csurka: Hungarian journalist author and politician (d. 2012).
- Arthur Mitchell: choreographer (Dance Theater of Harlem).
- Ioannis Paleokrassas: Greek politician 17th Greek Minister of Finance
- Peter Schamoni: German director producer and screenwriter (d. 2011)
- Francis William Reitz: 5th State President of the Orange Free State (Born 1844).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 March 1934 and get them!