Monday 27 March 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dodge City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1939 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Ladislas de Hoyos: Belgian-French journalist and politician (d. 2011).
- Bruce Johnston: American criminal (d. 2002).
- Jay Kim: South Korean-American engineer and politician.
- Beba Selimović: Bosnian singer.
- Vasilios Makridis: Greek skier.
- Jacques Prévost: French homicide: killed his wife with a rifle on 6/03/1986, Creteil, France.
- Jay C Kim: (Rep-R-California)
- Lord Lyell:
- Ruth Ashton: general secretary (Royal College of Midwives).
- Cale Yarborough: American champion race car driver named in 1998 as one of NASCAR's greatest drivers. In later years he owns a car dealership in Florence, South Carolina.
- José Bardina: Spanish-Venezuelan actor (d. 2009)
- Lawrence Brandt: American bishop
- Angelo Cifelli: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Constance Lindsay Skinner: Author (Rivers of America), dies at 57.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 March 1939 and get them!