Thursday 27 March 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Pot o' Gold, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1941 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Charles Pashayan Jr American politician (Representative-Republican-California: 1979-).
- Ivan Gasparovic: Slovakian politician.
- Kurt Felix: Swiss television presenter and entertainer.
- Per Abramsen: Dutch sculptor and academic.
- Ivan Gašparovič: Slovak lawyer and politician 3rd President of Slovakia.
- Peter Göbel: German figure skater
- Antonina Lazareva: Russian high jumper
- Helmuth Orthner: Austrian-American computer scientist and academic (d. 2009)
- Chip Pashayan: American lawyer and politician
- Liese Prokop: Austrian pentathlete and politician Austrian Minister of the Interior (d. 2006)
- Hitler signs Directive 27 (assault on Yugoslavia)
- Yugoslavian coup gets rid of pro-German Prince Paul
- Britain leases defense bases in Trinidad to US for 99 years.
- World War II: Yugoslavian Air Force officers topple the pro-axis government in a bloodless coup.
- Battle of Cape Matapan: Off the Peloponnesus coast in the Mediterranean, British naval forces defeat those of Italy, sinking 5 warships. Battle ends on March 29.
- Attack on Pearl Harbor: Japanese spy Takeo Yoshikawa arrives in Honolulu, Hawaii and begins to study the Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?