Tuesday 27 March 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Briton Selby and Rolf Aagaard.
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1945 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Briton Selby: NHL.
- Rolf Aagaard: Norwegian photographer and author.
- Anna Aquash: Canadian-American tribal leader (d. 1975).
- Liddy Holloway: New Zealand actress and screenwriter (d. 2004).
- Harry Rowohlt: German author and translator (d. 2015).
- Władysław Stachurski: Polish footballer and manager (d. 2013)
- Gen Eisenhower declares German defenses on Western Front broken
- Iwo Jima occupied, after 22,000 Japanese and 6,000 US killed
- DePaul beats Bowling Green for NIT title.
- US 20th Army corps captures Wiesbaden.
- General Dwight Eisenhower declares German defenses on Western Front broken.
- Iwo Jima is occupied, after 22,000 Japanese and 6,000 US killed.
- British premier Winston Churchill sails to eastern banks of Rhine.
- World War II: Operation Starvation, the aerial mining of Japan's ports and waterways begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Martha Tilton - I Should Care
- (All of a Sudden) My Heart Sings - Johnnie Johnston
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?