Thursday 27 March 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Farmer's Daughter, directed by H.C. Potter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1947 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Marc-Yvan Côté: Canadian educator and politician.
- Craig Defoy: Welsh golfer.
- Aad de Mos: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Oliver Friggieri: Maltese author and poet.
- Brian Jones: English balloonist.
- John Mayhew: English-Australian drummer (Genesis) (d. 2009)
- Walt Mossberg: American journalist
- Bart Taminiau: Dutch field hockey player
- Daphne Todd: president (Royal Society of Portrait Painters).
- Xavier Dugoin: French politician, a member of the Union for a Popular Movement, a senator from Essonne, a Member of the second district of Essonne, president of the council of Essonne, councilor and mayor of Mennecy.
- Dough Wilkerson: Football
- Tom Sullivan in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; blind actor (If You Could See What I Hear).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 March 1947 and get them!