Monday 27 March 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Cheaper by the Dozen, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1950 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Julia Alvarez: American-Dominican author and poet.
- Markku Andersson: Finnish academic and politician.
- Dimitar Ludzhev: Bulgarian economist and politician.
- David Edgar: American swimmer.
- Petros Efthymiou: Greek academic and politician Greek Minister of Culture Education and Religious Affairs.
- Maria Ewing: American soprano and actress
- Lynn McGlothen: American baseball player (d. 1984)
- Madeleine Moon: English social worker and politician
- Anton Ondruš: Czech-Slovak footballer
- Matt Siegel: American radio host
- Terry Yorath: Welsh footballer and manager
- Petros Efthimiou: Greek politician
- Tony Banks in East Heathly: Sussex, England; rock keyboardist (Genesis - "Invisible Touch", "Misunderstanding").
- Tony Banks: British guitarist with the musical group Genesis, one of the many progressive English rock bands. Banks, Peter Gabriel, Mike Rutherford and Tony Phillips formed a songwriter's collective in January 1967. Their first album in 1968 was generally overlooked, but they received rave reviews for Nursery Cryme, an album that initiated a cult following. They began visuals and theatrical performances, which became their trademark. In December 1972, they made a debut in the U.S. as a headline act.
- Vic Harris: Baseball
- WHAS TV channel 11 in Louisville, KY (CBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mary Martin & Arthur Godfrey - Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep
- Dearie - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake - Georgia Gibbs
- Mervin Shiner - Peter Cottontail
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?