Thursday 27 March 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael O'Leary in Saint Paul and Lon Haldeman.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1958 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Michael O'Leary in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; actor (Guiding Light, Fatal Games).
- Lon Haldeman: American cyclist, a record holder and defending champ of the trans-American bicycle ride.
- Michael O'Leary: American actor, known for his role on the TV soap opera "Guiding Light.
- Didier de Radiguès: Belgian race car driver and motorcycle racer.
- Wim Hofkens: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Wendy Jacob: American sculptor and academic
- Parker Johnstone: American race car driver and sportscaster
- Susan Molinari: American politician (Representative-Republican-New York).
- Adrian Rawlins: English actor
- Havana Hilton opens
- CBS Labs announces new stereophonic records.
- Nikita Khrushchev becomes Premier of the Soviet Union.
- April – Unemployment in Detroit reaches 20%, marking the height of the Recession of 1958 in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Four Preps - 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- John Zacherle - Dinner With Drac Part 1
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?