Friday 27 March 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
The Sicilian Clan, directed by Henri Verneuil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1970 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Laurent Solly: French senior official and a leader in the audiovisual media sector.
- Mariah Carey: American singer, a superstar at the turn of the century.
- Princess Leila: of Iran (d. 2001).
- Ed Philion: NFL nose tackle (Buffalo Bills).
- Anthony Prior NFL cornerback/safety (New York Jets: Minnesota Vikings).
- Mariah Carey in New York City: New York, USA; singer ("Vision of Love", "Love Takes Time", "Hero").
- Elizabeth Mitchell: American actress
- Derek Aucoin: Canadian baseball player
- Kathalijne Buitenweg: Dutch politician
- Brent Fitz: Canadian-American drummer and songwriter (Theory of a Deadman Union Econoline Crush and Indigenous)
- Damian Hampson: Australian footballer
- Corey Page: Actor (Richard Wilkins-Loving / City)
- Brendan Hill: English-American drummer (Blues Traveler and Stolen Ogre)
- Goran Janus: Slovenian ski jumper and coach
- Aleksandr Klimenko: Ukrainian shot putter (d. 2000)
- Jarrod McCracken: New Zealand rugby player
- Leila Pahlavi: Iranian daughter of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (d. 2001)
- Uwe Rosenberg: German board game designer (Agricola, Bohnanza)
- Niša Saveljić: Montenegrin footballer
- Mauricio Vallina: Cuban-Belgian pianist and composer
- Ringo releases his 1st solo album Sentimental Journey
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?