Monday 27 March 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Eternal Flame by Bangles.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Castle in the Sky, directed by Hayao Miyazaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1989 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Stuart Edge: YouTube Star.
- Matt Harvey: Baseball Player.
- Nana Attakora: Canadian soccer player.
- Curtis Hargrove: German-Canadian humanitarian and runner.
- Nolan Kasper: American skier.
- Camilla Lees: New Zealand netball player
- Fábio Martins: Brazilian footballer
- Caitlin Upton: American model and actress Miss Teen USA 2007
- Šarūnas Vasiliauskas: Lithuanian basketball player
- 1st half-black soap opera, Generations, premieres on NBC-TV
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
- Roxette - The Look
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- R.E.M. - Stand
- Was (Not Was) - Walk The Dinosaur
- Vanessa Williams - Dreamin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 March 1989 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?