Tuesday 27 March 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles by The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mobsters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brooktown High or The Witcher.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 27 March 2007 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 March
- Paul Lauterbur: American chemist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- More than ninety people are burnt to death after a fire following a petrol spill in Kaduna State, Nigeria. (All Africa)
- The village of Um el-Nasser in the Gaza Strip is flooded with sewage after the wall of a sewage pond gives way resulting in at least four deaths. (Washington Post)
- Heavy flooding after several days of heavy rain in Hispaniola have resulted in 11 people dying and thousands of people being evacuated in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. (BBC)
- A 12-km stretch of the Rhine River near Cologne, Germany is closed to shipping following the loss of 31 containers from a container ship with 200 ships backed up. (Washington Post)
- Iraq War:
- Suicide car bombings kill at least 55 people and injure 120 in Tal Afar. (ABC News Australia)
- The United States Senate votes 50-48 to set a deadline for withdrawal from the war in Iraq as part of a measure providing continuing funding. (AFP via New Straits Times)
- United States District Court Judge Thomas Hogan dismisses a case of alleged torture against former United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld brought by nine former prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan. (USA Today)
- Taiwan unveils an upgraded version of their Ching-kuo fighter aircraft called the Hsung Ying made by the Aerospace Industrial Development Corporation. (AFP via News Limited)
- The Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert and the President of the Palestinian National Authority Mahmoud Abbas agree to limited biweekly peace talks. (New York Times)
- The Blair Government introduces legislation into the Parliament of the United Kingdom to facilitate a power-sharing agreement in Northern Ireland between Ian Paisley's Democratic Unionist Party and Sinn Féin. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Rich Boy - Throw Some D's
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Top #8 songs in the UK
- The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin - (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles
- Take That - Shine
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
- Gwen Stefani featuring Akon - The Sweet Escape
- The Fray - How To Save A Life
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Alex Gaudino featuring Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?