Saturday 27 March 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Clash of the Titans, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 27 March 2010 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 March
- Vasily Smyslov: Soviet and Russian chess grandmaster, and was World Chess Champion from 1957 to 1958.
- Earth Hour
- Approximately 4,000 cities around the world dimmed their building lights to commemorate Earth Hour. ( MSNBC)
- Irish Green Party leader John Gormley is criticised for delivering a televised speech during his party's national convention which coincides with Earth Hour. (''Irish Examiner'')
- Middle East:
- Israeli tanks and armoured bulldozers leave Gaza after an incursion near Khan Younis: two Gazans are killed and 12 wounded, including at least one civilian. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Jerusalem is discussed at the two-day annual Arab summit in Sirte, with PNA officials calling for ampquota large Arab political support to the Palestinian people on all levels in order to be able to face the right-wing Israeli government of Benjamin Netanyahu which insists to elude from the peace process and keeps its aggressive actions against our peopleampquot. (Xinhua)
- More than 100 people are injured and one death is reported as the Bugandan king visits royal tombs which were recently destroyed by fire. (Arab News)
- Two bombs killed 42 people and wounded 65 others in Iraq's mainly Sunni Diyala province, prior to the release of full preliminary results from the March 7 parliamentary election. (''China Daily'')
- Three deaf men who allege they were sodomised and abused by priests as children appear on RAI Television to confront the diocese of Verona. (Arab News)
- The European Union and Libya lift visa bans on each other. (BBC)
- India test fires two short range missiles, the Dhanush and Prithvi II. (''Straits Times'')
- President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak is reported by ''Al Gomhuria'' to be returning home following his recent gallbladder surgery in Heidelberg. (Al Jazeera)
- The South Korean government calls an emergency security meeting to investigate yesterday's ship sinking near Baengnyeong Island in the Yellow Sea as a rescue operation continues to retrieve 46 missing sailors. (Yonhap)
- Thousands of soldiers participate in Burma's annual Armed Forces Day parade in Naypyidaw and are inspected by General Than Shwe who delivers a rare public address. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Thai troops retreat after thousands of ampquotred shirtampquot protesters demand fresh elections. (Reuters)
- In horse racing, Gloria de Campeao wins the Dubai World Cup. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?