Sunday 27 May 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1917 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Yasuhiro Nakasone: Japanese politician, elected Prime Minister on 11/24/1982 and re-elected on 10/03/1984 with a more cooperative liberal coalition.
- Race riot in East Saint Louis Illinois, one black killed.
- WWI: Over 30,000 French troops refuse to go to the trenches in Missy-aux-Bois.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- For Me and My Gal - Van & Schenck
- John McCormack - The Star-Spangled Banner
- America - Louis Gravieure
- I'se Gwine Back to Dixie - Alma Gluck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?