Sunday 27 May 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1917 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Yasuhiro Nakasone: Japanese politician, elected Prime Minister on 11/24/1982 and re-elected on 10/03/1984 with a more cooperative liberal coalition.
- Race riot in East Saint Louis Illinois, one black killed.
- WWI: Over 30,000 French troops refuse to go to the trenches in Missy-aux-Bois.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- For Me and My Gal - Van & Schenck
- John McCormack - The Star-Spangled Banner
- America - Louis Gravieure
- I'se Gwine Back to Dixie - Alma Gluck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?