Saturday 27 May 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1933 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Jean-Pierre Dougnac: French director, screenwriter, and actor, who died on 27 December 2006.
- Edward Rogers: Canadian businessman (d. 2008).
- Manfred Sommer: Spanish author and illustrator (d. 2007).
- Ted Rogers: Canadian entrepreneur (d. 2008).
- Century of Progress Exposition opens in Chicago
- Federal Securities Act signed.
- (to November 12) The Century of Progress Exposition centennial fair is held in Chicago, Illinois.
- Austrian communist party banned.
- Trailing 11-3, New York Yankees score 12 runs in 8th inning and beat Chicago White Sox 15-11.
- New Deal: The U.S. Federal Securities Act is signed into law requiring the registration of securities with the Federal Trade Commission.
- Walt Disney's animated short film Three Little Pigs released to theaters.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?