Sunday 27 May 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Little Miss Marker, directed by Alexander Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1934 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Enzo Siciliano: Italian writer, a journalist and literary critic; a collaborator of "Il Mondo," "La Stampa" and "Tuttolibri.
- Harlan Ellison: American writer and editor, considered one of the best living American short story writers, whose 49-year career has included 73 books he has written or edited, more than 1,700 stories, essays, articles and newspaper columns, two dozen teleplays and a dozen motion pictures.
- Ray Daviault: Canadian-American baseball player.
- Harlan [Jay] Ellison: United States -- Sci-fi author (7 Hugos, Doomsman, Babylon 5).
- Meijer Linnewiel [Prof Kokadorus]: Amsterdam street hawker.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?