Monday 27 May 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1946 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Henri Bentégeat: French Army general who served as the chairman of the European Union Military Committee between 2006 and 2009.
- Niels-Henning ?rsted Pedersen: Danish jazz bassist (d. 2005).
- Lewis Collins: English-American actor (d. 2013).
- Niels-Henning Pedersen: Danish bassist and composer (d. 2005).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Peggy Lee - I Don't Know Enough About You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?