Wednesday 27 May 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Julius Caesar, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1953 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 May
- Jesse Burkett: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1953).
- Dutch social democratic / Dutch Liberal Party win municipal elections
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ruby - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?