Friday 27 May 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1955 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Eric Bischoff: American professional wrestling promoter.
- Richard Schiff: American actor director and producer.
- Ian Tracey: English organist and conductor.
- Bill Malley in Oakland: California, USA; Nike golfer (1991 El Paso Open-30th).
- Red Buttons Show, last airs on NBC-TV
- Boston Red Sox player Norm Zauchin gets ten RBIs, beating Washington Senators 16-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?