Sunday 27 May 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Killing, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1956 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Lisa Niemi in Houston Texas USA: actress (Dirty Dancing, Will Rodgers Follies).
- Nick Lowery: NFL kicker (New York Jets).
- Steve Pagano: horse trainer.
- Helene Renaux: French office worker accused of theft.
- Cynthia McFadden: American television anchor.
- Rosemary Squire: English producer and manager co-founded Ambassador Theatre Group
- Giuseppe Tornatore: Italian director and screenwriter
- French raid in Algiers
- US performs nuclear test at Enwetak (atmospheric tests).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?