Monday 27 May 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
20 Million Miles to Earth, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1957 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Bruce Furniss: US swimmer (1976 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Dag Andersen: Norwegian politician Norwegian Minister of Labour.
- Nitin Gadkari: Indian lawyer and politician Indian Minister of Transport.
- Duncan Goodhew: English Olympic swimmer, 1980 gold medalist.
- Siouxsie Sioux: English singer, songwriter, musician and producer.
- Toronto's CHUM-AM, (1050 kHz) becomes Canada's first radio station to broadcast only top 40 Rock n' Roll music format.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?